As everyone knows, the world is facing a serious pandemic. The Organizing Committee has been following closely the news and is constantly evaluating how COVID19 may affect our event.
Our long experience in scientific events did not prepare us for this great challenge, to organize an event in the middle of a global health pandemic. We are aware that we will have to make decisions in order to keep everyone safe (our main concern) and that are both appropriate and proportionate. For this, we will carry out a permanent assessment of the situation and will disclose any changes that may be made to our initial schedule in a timely manner.
This communication aims to inform you about the decisions we have taken so far, taking into account the information we have at the moment:
– The dates initially announced for our event, October 21st, 22nd and 23rd, 2020, at the University of Aveiro – Portugal, remain the same;
– We will make the submission period for paper proposals more flexible. We are aware that many proposals were not submitted for fear of a possible cancellation of the event. For this reason, we will once again extend the call for proposals;
– We will make the period for sending full texts more flexible, those dates will be closer to the congress. For this reason, it may not be possible to have the proceedings published already during CIEC7, but all papers will be available on our webpage and the edited proceedings (with ISBN) will be published after the event;
– We will start the process of reviewing the papers already submitted on the EasyChair platform. The reviewers will receive the papers next Monday (April 20th). All subsequent submissions will be sent for evaluation, in batches, when the quantity is justified.
– The Organizing Committee will hold biweekly meetings to assess the evolution of the pandemic.
Any changes will be communicated to authors by email and published on our page.
Together we will come out of this crisis stronger than when we entered it,
Aveiro, April 17th, 2020
Maria Manuel Baptista
President of the Organizing Committee